Increasingly, government and corporate organisations need to identify information security risks and interdependencies between business functions. Escalating security threats to organisations' information assets and increasing needs for organisations to comply with governance of information management have resulted in organisations requiring well-trained ICT professionals capable of addressing three key issues: managing information; protecting information; and forensic investigation of information security incidents. Graduates of this major will be well suited to meet these important industry demands.
The Cyber Security and Forensics major in the Murdoch Bachelor of Information Technology aims to develop graduates who are:
- Capable of developing creative solutions to real-world problems.
- Work ready with well-developed critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Able to succeed in a range of careers including: information security consultant, cyber forensic investigator, database developer/administrator, computer intelligence officer.
Students have the opportunity to obtain a second major in Business Information Systems locally here at UCSI College or any other areas such as Banking, Finance, Criminology, Management, etc. when they transfer to campuses in Perth, Singapore and Dubai.
Year 1 (UCSI)*
- Discrete Mathematics
- Database Design Concepts
- Object-oriented System Analysis & Design
- Data Structure and Algorithms
- Networking Technologies
- Information Technology & Computer Systems
- Introduction to Business
- English for Business
- Business Skills for E-Commerce
- Business Statistics
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 / Penghayatan Etika & Peradaban
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A/Integrity and Anti-Corruption
- Philosophy & Current Issues
Year 2 (Murdoch)
- Consulting and Freelancing
- Introduction to Server Environments and Architectures
- Introduction to ICT Research Methods
- System Analysis and Design
- Computer Security
- Information Technology Project Management
- Building Employability Skills
- Elective 1*
- Industrial Placement
- Green Business
Year 3 (Murdoch)
- Cyber Forensics and Information Technology
- Security Architectures and Systems Administration
- Information Security Policy and Governance
- IT Professional Practice Project
- Elective 2*
- Elective 3*
- Elective 4*
- Information System Management^
- Business Intelligence Application Development^
- Advanced Business Analysis Design^
- Enterprise Architecture^
- Intelligent Systems
- Principles of Computer Science
- *Students will be awarded an exemption of Murdoch’s Year 1 modules after completing UCSI’s Year 1 modules.
- ^Completion of these electives will award student with a second major in Business Information System.
- All modules are subject to change.
Approximate Tuition Fees:
Approximate Tuition Fees:
|BIT in Cyber Security and Forensics||Murdoch University||UAE and Singapore||1+2|
|AUD26,800 - 30,800 / SGD14,800|